Monday, April 29, 2024

Anger, Rage, Bitterness and Unforgiveness

 

Anger, Rage, Bitterness and Unforgiveness

 

For anyone who has ever struggled with anger, resentment, rage, bitterness and unforgiveness, and even hatred, there is help and hope from the Word of God.

 

You may have been a victim of abuse of any kind (verbal, emotional, mental, physical, sexual, other), but you don’t always have to remain a victim. You can be a victor through Christ Jesus.

 

I grew up in a home where two males in the family were very verbally, emotionally and mentally abusive towards me for many years. The anger and rage built up to the point to where I hated them.

 

There was never any physical or sexual abuse. They were just very mean spirited, very unkind, and said a lot of hurtful, damaging remarks to me, and insulted me much of the time. They were always angry people and would take out their rage on me and scream at me a lot. They always were belittling me and jerking me around.

 

There finally came a time in my mid teens that I refused to sit at the same dinner table with them due to their constant abuse and belittling angry remarks. I just couldn’t take it anymore. For years I would eat alone, by myself, at my desk or in the family room on the sofa at the coffee table.

 

They would often make fun of me while I would be playing the piano, and putting me down and making sarcastic remarks, and especially when I would be playing worship songs and worshipping the Lord under the Anointing. It was just the devil working in them the reason why they were so mean.

 

I got to the point where I made up my mind in my heart that they would never on earth hear me ever play a worship song again on my keyboard. And I kept that vow. I got a keyboard that had speaker phones so that no one could hear me playing the keyboard.

Eventually I began leading worship for Women’s Aglow, so they heard me play a little bit. My mother was always a very kind, loving individual so I didn’t mind if she heard me play the keyboard under the Anointing.

 

For a number of years I refused to talk to or have anything to do with those two family members that put me through so much pain and sorrow.

 

As the years went by, those two family members repented of their mean-spirited ways, and were transformed individuals and treated me with respect. And then we began having a very good relationship. So there is always hope that things can change and get better.

 

All throughout my teen years and into my 20’s and 30’s, I deeply struggled with bitterness deep in my soul, anger, rage, resentment and unforgiveness. The Lord would always deal with me about it, but I had a struggle in letting it go and learning how to forgive and move on with life.

 

I even had dreams of going to hell, and outer darkness, and it was due to harboring unforgiveness in my heart. The Word says in Mark 11:25-26 that if we do not forgive others, then God cannot forgive us of our trespasses. And we need God’s forgiveness in order to enter into Heaven.

 

When we don’t forgive, then we set up a blessing blocker in our life, and do not experience the blessings and answers to prayer that God would like us to have. We end up forfeiting or delaying the promises of God from coming to pass in our lives due to unforgiveness and bitterness.

 

Bitterness is a root that defiles many. Only the Spirit of God can pull up that root once we turn it over to Him.

 

If you have gone through any form of abuse or mistreatment, or have gone through a painful divorce or any other painful experience, and are struggling with anger, rage, bitterness and unforgiveness, then I encourage you to turn it over to the Lord. Let Him fight your battles for you.

 

I know it can be difficult, but it is possible to forgive the perpetrators. And when you forgive, you will begin to experience true peace and joy in your life, and you will feel freedom like you never did before.

 

You will no longer be chained to the ones who mistreated you. Your thoughts will go from constant negativity to positive thoughts that bring you peace. For years I struggled with battles of the mind and foreboding thoughts. Joyce Meyer’s teaching on this subject really helped me.

 

It's not worth holding on to unforgiveness and bitterness. It devastates the soul and defiles the spirit, and you can risk your eternal destiny over people who abused you or mistreated you. They are not worth you losing your salvation over. They are not worth you always being upset and stressed out all the time.

 

If at all possible, try to make amends. It does help quite a bit if you don’t have to live in the same home with them if they choose to never repent. Whatever decision you make, just don’t forfeit your eternal destiny over those individuals. They have to give an account to God for their evil actions and unkind words. Just do what is right for you and your family, and choose to forgive the individuals and move forward with your life.

 

May the Balm of Gilead and oil of healing be poured out on your heart, soul and emotions. May you come into the joy of the Lord, the peace of God, and may your heart come into total healing and recovery as you forgive and turn the abusers over to God. Let Him deal with them. You just deal with you and make sure your heart is right before God.

 

May the Lord bless you.

 

 It is God's will that no one should perish (end up in hell), but that ALL should come to repentance. 


For God so loved this world that He gave His only begotton Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


God did not send His Son into this world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him would be saved.


The thief (Satan the devil) comes only for to kill, steal and destroy. But Jesus has come to give us life, and life more abundantly, until it overflows.


I urge you to come to the Cross today and receive Jesus as your Savior and Lord. He will wash away all your sins and make you as clean and white as fresh snow. 


Just pray this prayer and mean it with your heart:


Dear Lord Jesus (if you are not able to call him Lord yet, then just say "Jesus")


I receive You as my Savior and Lord. I give my life over to You. I believe that You died and rose again, and that if I call on the Name of the Lord I shall be saved. 


I accept you into my heart right now, and confess that You are Lord and have risen from the dead and forever live to make intercession for me. 


Thank You for washing my heart pure and clean and making me whole, and for giving me peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 


Thank You that now I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. The old has gone and the new has come. 


And there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh (carnality and sin), but walk after the Spirit.  In Jesus' Name, Amen. 


If you prayed this prayer, I believe you got born again and are now heaven bound and will be with the Lord forever and have eternal life. Your sins are now forgiven. You are accepted in the Beloved.


I would encourage you to find a good Bible based local church to help you grow in your faith, to learn the Word of God, to praise and worship Him, and to have fellowship with the saints. 


Serving Christ is the best decision you will ever make. 


God bless you!!!