Monday, April 29, 2024

Love - Old Testament Teaching on Love

 

Old Testament Teaching on Love

 

Deuteronomy 5:9-10

9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments. KJV

 

Deuteronomy 6:5

And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. KJV

 

Deuteronomy 7:7-9

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

9 Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations. KJV

Deuteronomy 7:13-15

13 And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

14 Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle.

15 And the Lord will take away from thee all sickness, and will put none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which thou knowest, upon thee; but will lay them upon all them that hate thee. KJV

 

Deuteronomy 10:12

And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul. KJV

 

Deuteronomy 11:1

Therefore, thou shalt love the Lord thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, always. KJV

 

 

 

Deuteronomy 11:22

For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him. KJV

 

Deuteronomy 13:3-4

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him. KJV

 

Deuteronomy 30:6

And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. KJV

 

Deuteronomy 30:16

In that I command thee this day to love the Lord thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the Lord thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it. KJV

 

Deuteronomy 30:20

That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them. KJV

 

Joshua 22:5

But take diligent heed to do the commandment and the law, which Moses the servant of the Lord charged you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways, and to keep his commandments, and to cleave unto him, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul. KJV

 

Joshua 23:11

Take good heed therefore unto yourselves, that ye love the Lord your God. KJV

 

Psalms 5:11-12

11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

12 For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield. KJV

 

Psalms 18:1-3

1 I will love thee, O Lord, my strength.

2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

3 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. KJV

 

Psalms 31:23-24

23 O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.

24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord. KJV

 

Psalms 40:16

Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The Lord be magnified. KJV

 

Psalms 91:14-15

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. KJV

 

Psalms 116:1-2

1 I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. KJV

 

Psalms 119:97

Oh how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. KJV

 

Psalms 119:127-128

127 Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine gold.

128 Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be right; and I hate every false way. KJV

 

Psalms 119:165

Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. KJV

 

Psalms 122:6

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. KJV

 

Psalms 145:20

The Lord preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. KJV

 

Proverbs 4:5-8

5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honor, when thou dost embrace her. KJV

 

Proverbs 8:17

I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. KJV

 

Proverbs 8:21

That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures. KJV

 

 

Proverbs 10:12

Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins. KJV

 

Proverbs 15:17

Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith. KJV

 

Proverbs 17:9

He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends. KJV

 

Proverbs 18:21

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. KJV

 

Proverbs 27:5

Open rebuke is better than secret love. KJV

 

Song of Solomon 1:2

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine. KJV

 

Song of Solomon 1:4

Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee. KJV

 

Song of Solomon 1:15-16

15 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes.

16 Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed is green. KJV

 

Song of Solomon 2:2

As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters. KJV

 

Song of Solomon 2:4

He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. KJV

 

Song of Solomon 2:7

I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please. KJV

 

Song of Solomon 2:10

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. KJV

 

Song of Solomon 4:7

Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee. KJV

 

Song of Solomon 4:10

How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! KJV

 

Song of Solomon 8:7

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned. KJV

 

Jeremiah 31:3-4

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

4 Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel: thou shalt again be adorned with thy tabrets, and shalt go forth in the dances of them that make merry. KJV

 

Micah 6:8

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? KJV

 

Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. KJV

 

Psalms 26:8

Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honor dwelleth. KJV

 

Psalms 78:68

But chose the tribe of Judah, the mount Zion which he loved. KJV

 

Isaiah 43:4-5

4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.

5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west. KJV

 

Psalms 36:7

How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. KJV

 

Psalms 36:10

Oh continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart. KJV

 

Psalms 40:11

Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. KJV

 

Psalms 42:8

Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. KJV

 

Psalms 51:1

Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. KJV

 

Psalms 63:3-4

3 Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.

4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. KJV

 

Psalms 92:2

To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night. KJV

 

Psalms 103:4

Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies. KJV

 

Psalms 138:2

I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. KJV

 

Jeremiah 9:24

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord. KJV

 

Jeremiah 32:18

Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the Lord of hosts, is his name. KJV

 

Hosea 2:19-20

19 And I will betroth thee unto me forever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.

20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord. KJV

 

 It is God's will that no one should perish (end up in hell), but that ALL should come to repentance. 


For God so loved this world that He gave His only begotton Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


God did not send His Son into this world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him would be saved.


The thief (Satan the devil) comes only for to kill, steal and destroy. But Jesus has come to give us life, and life more abundantly, until it overflows.


I urge you to come to the Cross today and receive Jesus as your Savior and Lord. He will wash away all your sins and make you as clean and white as fresh snow. 


Just pray this prayer and mean it with your heart:


Dear Lord Jesus (if you are not able to call him Lord yet, then just say "Jesus")


I receive You as my Savior and Lord. I give my life over to You. I believe that You died and rose again, and that if I call on the Name of the Lord I shall be saved. 


I accept you into my heart right now, and confess that You are Lord and have risen from the dead and forever live to make intercession for me. 


Thank You for washing my heart pure and clean and making me whole, and for giving me peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 


Thank You that now I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. The old has gone and the new has come. 


And there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh (carnality and sin), but walk after the Spirit.  In Jesus' Name, Amen. 


If you prayed this prayer, I believe you got born again and are now heaven bound and will be with the Lord forever and have eternal life. Your sins are now forgiven. You are accepted in the Beloved.


I would encourage you to find a good Bible based local church to help you grow in your faith, to learn the Word of God, to praise and worship Him, and to have fellowship with the saints. 


Serving Christ is the best decision you will ever make. 


God bless you!!!