Thursday, August 22, 2024

Old Songs About the Cross and Salvation

 

Song of Salvation

 

At the Cross

At the Cross

Where I first saw the Light

And the burdens of my heart rolled away

 

It was there by faith

I received my sight

And now I am happy all the day!

 

I’m so glad that the Lord saved me

I’m so glad that the Lord saved me

If it had not been for Jesus

Where would I be?

I’m so glad that the Lord saved me!

 

I will enter His gates

With thanksgiving in my heart

I will enter His court with praise

For this is the day that the Lord has made

I will rejoice for He has made me glad.

 

He has made me glad

He has made me glad

I will rejoice for He has made me glad.

 

Years I spent in vanity and pride,
Caring not my Lord was crucified,
Knowing not it was for me He died
On Calvary.

 

Refrain:
Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty
At Calvary.

 

By God’s Word at last my sin I learned;
Then I trembled at the law I’d spurned,
Till my guilty soul imploring turned
To Calvary.

 

Now I’ve giv’n to Jesus everything,
Now I gladly own Him as my King,
Now my raptured soul can only sing
Of Calvary!

 

Oh, the love that drew salvation’s plan!
Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!
Oh, the mighty gulf that God did span
At Calvary!

 

Refrain:
Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty
At Calvary.

 

 

O, how I love Jesus

O, how I love Jesus

O, how I love Jesus

Because He first loved me.

 

To me He is so wonderful

To me He is so wonderful

To me He is so wonderful

Because He first loved me.

 

Praise God! Praise God! Praise God!

Praise God! Praise God! Praise God!

 

Amazing grace, how sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me

I once was lost but now I’m found

Was blind, but now I see.

 

When we’ve been there

ten thousand years

Bright shining as the sun

We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise

Then when we’ve first begun.

 

Kneel at the Cross

Leave every care

Kneel at the Cross

King Jesus will meet you there.

 

Jesus got a hold of my life

And He won’t let me go

Jesus came into my heart

He came into my soul

 

I used to be all so sad

But now I’m free and glad

Jesus got a hold of my life

And He won’t let me go.

 

My God is real,

He’s real in my soul

My God is real,

for He has washed and made me whole

His love for me is like pure gold

My God is real,

for I can feel Him in my soul.

 

Gone at last, gone at last

Thank God my sins are gone at last

I had a long string of sins

But my sins are gone at last.

 

When the redeemed are gathering in

Washed like snow, Free from sin

I will shout, I will sing

When the redeemed are gathering in.

 

Tis that city where the Lamb is the Light

Tis that city where there cometh no night

I’ve a mansion over there

Free from toil and care

And I’m going where the Lamb is the light.

 

Wonderful, Wonderful Jesus is to me

Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God is He

Saving me, keeping me from all sin and shame

Wonderful is my redeemer, praise His Name.

 

It is mine, mine, blessed be His Name

He has given peace, perfect peace to me

It is mine, mine, blessed be His Name

Mine for all eternity.

 

There’s a sweet, sweet Spirit in this place

Yes I know it’s the Spirit of the Lord

There are sweet expressions on each face

And I know that it’s the Presence of the Lord.

 

Singing Sweet Holy Spirit,

Sweet Heavenly Dove

O stay right here with us

Filling us with Your love

 

And for these blessings

We lift our hearts in praise

Without a doubt we’ll know

That we have been revived

When we shall leave this place.

 

In the Presence of Jehovah

God Almighty, Prince of Peace

Troubles vanish, hearts are mended

In the Presence of the King.

 

 

Jesus died to give you abundant life here on this earth and in Heaven one day.

 

But you have to receive Jesus into your heart and make Him the Lord and Savior of your life.

 

You must be born again to see the kingdom of God.

 

He knocks at the door of your heart.

 

If you will open the door and let Him come in, He will dine with you and you with Him.

 

You have to be willing to let go of all strife, ill will, hatred, unforgiveness, bitterness, malice, jealousy, and such like.

 

If you harbor these sins in your heart and refuse to forgive and have a root of bitterness, the Word says that bitterness will defile you.

 

You cannot enter into Heaven with these sinful attitudes of the heart. You have to drop the offenses and let it go.


If you continue to hold on to unforgiveness, it could cost you your eternity. You don’t want to end up in hell or outer darkness.


The Bible in the New Testament talks about how those who refuse to forgive others from their heart, that they would be turned over to the torturers. The torturers are demons who afflict and oppress people and torment them day and night if they have not forgiven someone. 


If you refuse to forgive and have bitterness in your heart, you are taking a chance of ending up in hell and being tormented and tortured by the demons and being a captive and prisoner in hell. 


You don't want to take any chances with your salvation!!!  This is a very serious issue with God.  Please heed these warnings. 

 

I urge you today to walk in love with all the saints, with your family and friends, with your co-workers on your job, and with all men, and turn your life over to the Lord.


Couples who have been married a long time and have a successful marriage, say that a happy marriage that lasts takes two good forgivers. 

 

To those who received Him, He gave them the power to become the sons of God, even to those who believe on His Name.

 

If you want to enter into heaven and have boldness on the day of judgment, you have to let go of bitterness and unforgiveness and walk in the love of God.

 

Love is so much better than hatred.

 

Whatever the offense was, just drop the matter and let it go!  Don't keep rehearsing what happened in the past, just let go of the offense and drop the issue. 


Walk in love and forgiveness. Ask the Lord to heal your broken heart of bitterness, rage and anger, and pride. 

 

God will give you the grace to forgive.

 

Grace is God’s ability to do what you cannot do. Just turn it over to Him and let him do the work inside of your heart.

 

I’ve been there and done that. For years I harbored bitterness and unforgiveness towards a family member.

 

God gave me warning dreams that if I refused to repent, then if I died in my sins I might go to hell.

 

So I forgave my relative. Now I love him to pieces and he loves me too. We get along beautifully now and there is unity and harmony and peace in the atmosphere.

 

So if you struggle with unforgiveness, rage and anger, and bitterness in your heart towards someone, even if what they did was wrong, I am urging you to drop the offense and let it go.

 

You have to make the decision to forgive, and after you have made that decision to walk in love, then the feelings and emotions will come.

 

If you have never accepted Jesus into your heart as your Lord and Savior, He is beckoning you to come to the Cross.

 

All you have to do is pray a simple prayer such as asking Jesus to come into your heart and to be your Lord and Savior.

 

And asking Jesus to fill you with His Holy Spirit. And asking Jesus to wash away all of your sins.

 

It is best if possible to be water baptized by immersion following conversion. That shows you are serious about following Christ.

 

After you invite Jesus to come into your heart and receive Him as your personal Savior and Lord, also ask Him to fill you with His love. And He will answer your prayer.

 

I urge you to get involved with a good Bible based church in your local area and to grow in your faith and have fellowship with the saints.

 

If you are unable to get out and go to church in person, there are good media churches.

 

Some recommendations include:

 

Family Worship Center

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Jimmy Swaggart’s church

Pastored by Donnie and Gabriel Swaggart

You can tune into their services and campmeetings on the SBN Network.

 


George and Terri Pearsons

Kenneth and Gloria Copeland

Their church is located in Newark, Texas

 


Joel Osteen church in Houston, Texas

 

 

Prayer of Salvation:

 

You have to mean it with your whole heart.

 

Dear Lord Jesus,

 

I come to the Cross. I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Come into my heart. Wash me with Your Blood. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit.

 

Give me the power to live a godly life. Fill me to overflowing with Your love, and help me to forgive anyone who has offended and hurt me.

 

Heal my broken heart of the anger and pain.

 

I want my heart to be clean in Your sight.

 

Thank You for redeeming me on the Cross and giving me abundant life.

 

In Jesus’ Name, Amen

 

 

If you prayed this simple prayer, I believe you got born again. I encourage you to get involved with a good Bible based church and grow in your faith, and have fellowship with the saints. I urge you to make Jesus Lord of every area of your life.

 

Make Jesus the Lord over every kingdom of your heart. Forsake sin and seek out truth and righteousness. God bless you!