Sunday, August 25, 2024

That I May Know Him (Jesus)

That I May Know Him (Jesus) 


Oh that I may know Him (Jesus)

Oh that I may know Him (Jesus)

Oh that I may know Him (Jesus)

Not just in His power

Not only in His resurrection

But in the fellowship of His sufferings.


I had not really gone through very much sufferings for Christ's sake until I relocated to Juneau, Alaska over four years ago. I did not want to move to Alaska, it was not my will to do so. But my brother sold the house, and I had nowhere else to live and no money. So I felt forced into moving to Juneau. I didn't feel good about it on the inside, but felt I had no other option.


I grew up in Antioch, California and continued to live with my parents until both of them passed away only 14 months apart in 2019 and 2020. 


So my brother sold the house and we split the proceeds. He moved me to Juneau close to where he used to live. Over a year ago he left Juneau after being there for over ten years, and relocated to the Denver, Colorado area.


Where I grew up sometimes kids at public school might make fun of me for being a Jesus follower. They thought I was way too religious and that I was extreme. But I was called even in my mother's womb to be set apart for the calling God has on my life. 


I endured a small amount of teasing, mocking and being bullied around because of my faith and stand for Christ.


Not until I moved to Juneau, did I experience what sufferings were all about. From the time I moved in to my apartment in 2020, I went through one affliction after another, after another (and still am). However, it is much more peaceful than it used to be.


After going through afflictions, trials, tribulations, persecutions and sufferings, I came to better understand what the Apostle Paul and other disciples went through. Their situation was far worse than mine. Most of them in the end were martyred for their faith. 


I would never want to go through those kinds of sufferings ever again. But I learned from what I experienced. 


I used to be so mature in the Lord and had strong faith. But after going through three years of daily harassment from the enemy, and other afflictions that happened, I never did backslide, but my faith began to get weak. Hopelessness had set in that my situation would ever change. 


I am starting to increase in faith again and get back on track. 


If you had to go through sufferings for the sake of following and loving Jesus, would you be willing to do so and pay the price?


It's something to think about. 


Here are some Scriptures to comfort and encourage you if you are going through any trial, tribulation or suffering. 

  • Romans 5:3-5 - And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience
  • 1 Peter 5:10 - But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
  • 2 Corinthians 1:3-6 - Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
  • Psalm 34:19 - Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
  • John 16:33 - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.


If you are going through any kind of suffering in your life, be encouraged by Peter's words where he says that after you have suffered a little while (the suffering does not last a lifetime but is only for a season), make you perfect (mature), and stablish, strengthen and settle you.


Jesus comforts us in our trials and tribulations and from our troubles, and then we can comfort others who are going through trials too. 


Part of loving Jesus, being sold out to Him, and following Christ is that you will endure sufferings from time to time. 


Are you willing to go through suffering in order to follow Christ? Are you willing to pay the price for preaching the Gospel, and go through persecution from the enemy coming against you?


It's something to think about. Sufferings are not pleasant, but it is part of the Christian life if you are serious about following Christ. 


In Heaven, we will receive rewards for the sufferings we had to go through on earth. You will receive lands, wealth, crowns, rewards, and a mansion. Life will be glorious. You will be promoted to higher places of ministry and influence.  


Don't shrink back when tribulations come and the enemy comes against you. During those times, just press into Jesus and He will sustain you during the trial. The tribulation has an expiration date. It won't keep going on for a lifetime, but for a season. 


You will get through the trial you are going through successfully. You will have grown much in the Lord during the trial, and in the end you will be stablished, strengthened, perfect (meaning fully mature), and the Lord will settle you. 


Maybe the trial is enemy opposition.

Maybe the trial is your health failing.

Maybe the trial is financial troubles.

Maybe the trial is home foreclosure.

Maybe the trial is losing your job.

Maybe the trial is a loved one in prison.

Maybe the trial is your kids being rebellious.

Maybe the trial is going through a painful divorce.

Maybe the trial is you want to have a baby and cannot seem to conceive, or else you have had miscarriages. 

Maybe the trial is losing a child or loved one in death and you are grieving and mourning.


The Lord comforts those who are in mourning. He gives them beauty for ashes, and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. 


He will get you through your trial successfully. Just hold on to His hand really tight. 


Jesus said that in this world you will face tribulations. But be of good cheer, for He has overcome the world.


You can be an overcomer too. In Revelation there are rewards given to those who are overcomers to the very end. One of the rewards is that you will inherit all things.


Song Written Decades Ago:

Leave it there, leave it there, 

Cast your burdens on the Lord and leave it there

If you trust and do not doubt

Surely God will bring you out

Turn your burdens over to the Lord and leave it there.


The old song goes:

When Jesus comes the tempter’s power is broken;

When Jesus comes your tears are wiped away.

He takes the gloom and fills your life with glory,

For all is changed when Jesus comes to stay.


It is God's will that no one should perish (end up in hell), but that ALL should come to repentance. 


For God so loved this world that He gave His only begotton Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


God did not send His Son into this world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him would be saved.


The thief (Satan the devil) comes only for to kill, steal and destroy. But Jesus has come to give us life, and life more abundantly, until it overflows.


I urge you to come to the Cross today and receive Jesus as your Savior and Lord. He will wash away all your sins and make you as clean and white as fresh snow. 


Just pray this prayer and mean it with your heart:


Dear Lord Jesus (if you are not able to call him Lord yet, then just say "Jesus")


I receive You as my Savior and Lord. I give my life over to You. I believe that You died and rose again, and that if I call on the Name of the Lord I shall be saved. 


I accept you into my heart right now, and confess that You are Lord and have risen from the dead and forever live to make intercession for me. 


Thank You for washing my heart pure and clean and making me whole, and for giving me peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 


Thank You that now I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. The old has gone and the new has come. 


And there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh (carnality and sin), but walk after the Spirit.  In Jesus' Name, Amen. 


If you prayed this prayer, I believe you got born again and are now heaven bound and will be with the Lord forever and have eternal life. Your sins are now forgiven. You are accepted in the Beloved.


I would encourage you to find a good Bible based local church to help you grow in your faith, to learn the Word of God, to praise and worship Him, and to have fellowship with the saints. 


Serving Christ is the best decision you will ever make. 


God bless you!!!