Friday, August 23, 2024

Song of Consecration: Whatever it Takes

 

Whatever it Takes

 

Song and Lyrics by Lanny Wolfe

You can listen to the song on the internet

 

 

There’s a Voice calling me

 

From an Old Rugged Tree

 

And it whispers, “Draw closer to Me”

 

Leave this world far behind

 

There are new heights to climb

 

And a new place in Me you will find.

 

 

 

For whatever it takes to draw closer to You Lord

 

That’s what I’ll be willing to do

 

For whatever it takes to be more like You

That’s what I’ll be willing to do.

 

 

I’ll trade sunshine for rain

 

Comfort for pain

 

That’s what I’ll be willing to do

 

For whatever it takes for my will to break

 

Then that’s what I’ll be willing to do.

 

 

 

Take my houses and lands

 

Change my dreams and my plans

 

For I’m placing my whole life in your hands

 

And if You call me someday

 

To a land far away

 

Lord, I’ll go and Your will obey.

 

 

 

For whatever it takes to draw closer to You Lord

 

That’s what I’ll be willing to do

 

For whatever it takes to be more like You

 

Lord, then that’s what I’ll be willing to do.



Are you consecrated and set apart for God?


Have you surrendered every area of your life over to Him?


Have you turned over your dreams and desires to the Lord?


He said that if you delight yourself in the Lord He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37:4


It is God's will that no one should perish (end up in hell), but that ALL should come to repentance. 


For God so loved this world that He gave His only begotton Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


God did not send His Son into this world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him would be saved.


The thief (Satan the devil) comes only for to kill, steal and destroy. But Jesus has come to give us life, and life more abundantly, until it overflows.


I urge you to come to the Cross today and receive Jesus as your Savior and Lord. He will wash away all your sins and make you as clean and white as fresh snow. 


Just pray this prayer and mean it with your heart:


Dear Lord Jesus (if you are not able to call him Lord yet, then just say "Jesus")


I receive You as my Savior and Lord. I give my life over to You. I believe that You died and rose again, and that if I call on the Name of the Lord I shall be saved. 


I accept you into my heart right now, and confess that You are Lord and have risen from the dead and forever live to make intercession for me. 


Thank You for washing my heart pure and clean and making me whole, and for giving me peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 


Thank You that now I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. The old has gone and the new has come. 


And there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh (carnality and sin), but walk after the Spirit.  In Jesus' Name, Amen. 


If you prayed this prayer, I believe you got born again and are now heaven bound and will be with the Lord forever and have eternal life. Your sins are now forgiven. You are accepted in the Beloved.


I would encourage you to find a good Bible based local church to help you grow in your faith, to learn the Word of God, to praise and worship Him, and to have fellowship with the saints. 


Serving Christ is the best decision you will ever make. 


God bless you!!!