Wednesday, May 1, 2024

You've Got to Sow Seed For Whatever You Are Believing For

 

You’ve got to Sow Seed

For Whatever You are Believing For

 

 

Ever since the 1980’s the Lord has been teaching me about sowing financial seed in order to see a harvest in my life. God loves a cheerful and a prompt giver (2 Corinthians 9:7).

 

I’ve learned that you have to sow towards whatever it is you are believing God for. No, you cannot buy a miracle, but the Word of God teaches about seedtime and harvest, and sowing and reaping. If we wait long enough on God to move in our situation, and faint not, then we will reap the promise (Galations 6:9).

 

In 1987 I transitioned from “wishing” to “believing” for a new vehicle. The car I was driving at the time was a lemon. It was always breaking down and was very unreliable. I had to commute 20 miles to work and 20 miles back home Monday through Friday, and drive 20 miles to church and back on Sunday. I needed a car that would be reliable and last for many years.

 

I was a young college student at the time, and the desire of my heart was to own a brand new Toyota Camry, red berry exterior, red berry interior cloth seats (I would choose leather now but back then I wanted cloth seats), automatic drive, a good track record of being reliable and lasting for many years.

 

I did not have the money to buy the car. For about 3 years I kept on believing that I would have the funds, and that I would be driving a brand new Toyota Camry off of the car lot.

 

Everyday I would pray about the matter. It seems like during that time in my life, I spotted every Toyota Camry on the road.

 

I began to save up money for a down payment on a Toyota Camry. I only worked part time, but managed to save around $1,200.

 

One day while watching the “Praise the Lord” program on the Trinity Broadcasting Network, I heard the Lord say in my spirit, to give away my entire savings account, and sow towards Missions (with my local church). At first I was shocked that God would ask me to do such a thing, because then I would have no money left for a down payment on a new car.

 

I struggled with it for a week or two, then decided to obey and trust God. I had heard of other people receiving financial miracles, and believed that a miracle would happen for me too. My breakthrough happened differently than others, where people gave them money or bought them a new car. I guess I was expecting a scenario like that to happen.

 

I remember going to the bank and withdrawing my entire savings account, except for enough funds to keep the account open. I gave cash in a sealed envelope anonymously in a church offering, and designated it for Missions.

 

About a week before I gave away my entire savings account, I was at church on a Sunday morning, and the pastor had a word of knowledge that there was a lady there whom God has been dealing with her heart about giving away her entire savings account. It isn’t a large account, but you’ve been holding back on giving away the money because you’ve been afraid, and thought it would save you. It's not enough money to save you. You are not to give the money to the church, but to Missions. And the Lord will bless you. He wants to do a deep healing in your life.

 

That was the confirmation I needed. So the following Sunday is when I gave away around $1,200 in cash to Missions, anonymously.

 

For around six months after that, nothing had changed in my situation. I had zero money saved up now. No one was approaching me saying that God told them to give me thousands of dollars. No one was buying a new car for me.

 

Yet deep in my heart, I knew I didn’t miss God. There were too many confirmations to what God had spoken to me.

 

Finally, one rainy day while I was driving to work, I was on the freeway about 3 miles from my exit, and the car began overheating to where the temperature needle was at the highest peak. Smoke began coming out of the motor. Yet I couldn’t stop driving in the rain. There was nowhere safe to pull over. There were no cell phones back then. I felt I had to somehow make it to the exit.

 

Just when I reached the exit, the entire car motor shut down and I began coasting. I believe that angels were pushing my car because I coasted for about a mile on level ground before I found a side street to pull over on.

 

A retired firefighter was driving along and saw me in trouble. After I parked my car, he gave me a ride to work so that I made it to work in time (because I had been in the habit of arriving late for work).

 

My parents had the car hauled off and taken to a mechanic. However, the car was too far gone to ever be able to drive it again.

 

That same week, my parents and I looked at the brand new models of Toyota Camry’s, and they still had that red berry one on the lot. To make a long story short, my parents decided to pay for the down payment, and then I qualified for a 5 year loan to pay it off from my credit union. The payments were doable for the amount of money I was making at the time. In 5 years, I had paid the car off and was holding the pink slip in my hands.

 

I loved that car. It brought me so much joy and delight! I had the car for 17 years, until we sold it.

 

Nobody outside of my family handed me the money for the Toyota Camry. Maybe it happens like that for some people, but God had a different plan for me. My parents paid the down payment, and by that time I had acquired a permanent, reliable secretarial job so that I could afford the monthly payments. Car payments are not God’s best, (debt-free is God’s best), but it sure taught me about financial responsibility. And God gave me the desires of my heart.

 

I was driving the brand new Toyota Camry about six months after I had sowed my savings account into Missions.

 

So sowing works! When you obey God and do as He leads you, you will see positive results.

 

Since that time, I have given offerings and donations to works of God, as He has led me that exceed the $1,200 I gave to Missions in 1989. For some offerings, I have seen the results of reaping a harvest (I’m now walking in the blessings and answered prayer of a $5,000 offering I sowed this year in March – the miracle and results came fast in this situation). For other offerings, I am still standing on God’s promises.

 

God says that even in the time of famine, you will have plenty and be satisfied (Psalms 37:19).

 

Genesis 26:12 says that Isaac sowed seed during time of famine, and he reaped a hundred fold in the same year.

 

Maybe the Lord is speaking to you to sow an offering to your church or to a good ministry. You need to name your seed, as to what you are believing God for, and then wait for the Lord to act on your behalf. God promises to give us the desires of our hearts when we delight in Him (Psalms 37:4).

 

Jerry Savelle says, “The moment your seed leaves your hand, is the same moment that God releases to you what is in His hand.”

 

Maybe you are not in a financial position to be able to give thousands of dollars. But what about $26.12 (Genesis 26:12 says that Isaac sowed in the land of famine and reaped 100 fold in the same year).

 

If you are believing for a baby and are having difficulty conceiving, then sow into your baby by throwing baby showers for other expectant mothers.

 

Giving also involves giving of your time, energy and love.

 

But everyone can sow something financially … even if it’s just a dollar. No seed is too small in God’s sight. Just a tiny mustard seed has the potential to grow into an enormous tree, giving shade.

 

The Bible tells us to give proportionate to our faith. Don’t try to copy others’ faith who are able to give thousands and millions. They had to grow in their own faith. Just develop your faith from where you are at right now, and see your faith grow.

 

 It is God's will that no one should perish (end up in hell), but that ALL should come to repentance. 


For God so loved this world that He gave His only begotton Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


God did not send His Son into this world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him would be saved.


The thief (Satan the devil) comes only for to kill, steal and destroy. But Jesus has come to give us life, and life more abundantly, until it overflows.


I urge you to come to the Cross today and receive Jesus as your Savior and Lord. He will wash away all your sins and make you as clean and white as fresh snow. 


Just pray this prayer and mean it with your heart:


Dear Lord Jesus (if you are not able to call him Lord yet, then just say "Jesus")


I receive You as my Savior and Lord. I give my life over to You. I believe that You died and rose again, and that if I call on the Name of the Lord I shall be saved. 


I accept you into my heart right now, and confess that You are Lord and have risen from the dead and forever live to make intercession for me. 


Thank You for washing my heart pure and clean and making me whole, and for giving me peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 


Thank You that now I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. The old has gone and the new has come. 


And there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh (carnality and sin), but walk after the Spirit.  In Jesus' Name, Amen. 


If you prayed this prayer, I believe you got born again and are now heaven bound and will be with the Lord forever and have eternal life. Your sins are now forgiven. You are accepted in the Beloved.


I would encourage you to find a good Bible based local church to help you grow in your faith, to learn the Word of God, to praise and worship Him, and to have fellowship with the saints. 


Serving Christ is the best decision you will ever make. 


God bless you!!!